Monday, February 4, 2013

Death In The Family

      A family member of a co-worker died late last week and i was asked to write a poem for her. She was very close to this particular person and misses him very much. I had never met the guy but i did some quick research and he was indeed a great man. He was a god-fearing man who dedicated his life to his family and this country. I read his obituary and he definitely lived a full and rewarding life. I wrote this poem to help out my co-worker and give her something to hold onto. Her whole family is very Christian so i had to dip into that world to make this relevant to her. I hope she likes it.


It’s hard to believe your hourglass is out of sand,
I didn’t want to accept it but now I understand,
Although I miss you, I’m glad your pain has ended,
Your soul lives free in the stars as God intended,
You’ve seen war and you’ve seen strife,
Above all you chose to celebrate life,
All good things must come to an end,
Whoever believes this never had you for a friend,
I remember all the times we’ve spent together,
If I had it my way you would have lived forever,
Lately I close my eyes and see your face,
I sleep better knowing you’re in a better place,
It’ll be a long while til I can see you again,
Until then I bow my head and say Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment