Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Death in the Family


I was asked to write this poem earlier this morning. My aunt's father passed away Sunday and this poem is for her. I hope she likes it.

Daughter’s Lament

You just left us and I already miss you,
Life just isn’t the same without you,
I know now this pain is real,
I’m still not sure how I feel,
You’ve been my hero since my birth,
It’s hard to believe you’ve left this Earth,
I wish you could hear what I have to say,
It’s never been so hard to keep my tears at bay,
Goodbye my father, goodbye my friend,
I’ll think of you always, til the very end…

Father’s Lament

I’ll always be with you, my little girl,
I’d never really leave my shining little pearl,
I miss you too but you have to stay behind,
The time we’ve spent together will never leave my mind,
I’ll always love you no matter what you do,
When the time comes I’ll be up here, waiting for you…


For Ellen

1 comment: